Family & Adolescent Services
CarePlus is here to support families and youth in overcoming challenges throughout the lifespan – from family preservation, to life-skills and independent living. We are contracted by DCF to serve DCPP-involved families and youth in Bergen, Essex, Union, and Middlesex counties.
CarePlus provides a structured and therapeutic environment for parents involved with DCPP to meet with children currently in out-of-home placement. Our team of experts take a comprehensive approach to support those navigating situations such as permanent placement and transitions.
We also offer a scope of services for youth in Foster Care though in-home support and therapy, utilization Adoption House program, and independent living programs for those who are aging out of adoptive care. Our scope of services empower youth by providing the tools and resources youth may need to successfully transition out of the children’s system of care and integrate into their communities as independent, self-sufficient adults.
Program components include a combination of:
- Individual and family counseling
- School clearance assessments
- School Presence Model to address school avoidance
- Skill-building groups including social skills, conflict resolution, mindfulness, anger management, and stress management
- Substance abuse programs specifically for youth
- Direct linkage to licensed and accredited community-based programs through CarePlus
- Educational workshops for faculty and parents
- Direct in-class support for students and teachers
- Collaborations with the school personnel and outpatient resources
- Partnerships with child study teams as indicated by IEPs
- Community outreach to engage youth and families
- Case management and care coordination
- Parent support groups
- After school recreation and summer programs
- Transitional programs to assist students with school and grade level changes