About the Foundation
CarePlus NJ supports those in need in mental health, addiction and social support services, especially in times of crisis, so that they can overcome life’ challenges. The CarePlus Foundation offers additional financial assistance for essential needs, including:
- Essential medication management for mental illness and addiction.
- Support for rent and utility bills to avoid eviction and homelessness.
- Grocery and personal care support for those in services, as well as our staff.
- Access to therapeutic support for children & families.
- Educational and professional scholarships
- Providing basic technology needed to maintain connection.
Over the last year, as COVID protections such as eviction bans were lifted, housing insecurity increased. Consequently, the Foundation has double the number of clients we have assisted in housing support from the previous year.
Further complicating the challenge of housing stability include loss of loved ones, family support, increased stress and mental health challenges. With the help of generous donors and grants, we have been able to assist in the increased number of requests for assistance.