School Based Services
CarePlus is making a positive impact in classrooms, schools, and our communities. We have developed and implemented several innovative programs to help New Jersey schools overcome some of their biggest challenges surrounding mental, social and emotional health of students.
CarePlus’ School Based Services, offers solutions to school districts by providing a wide-range of onsite services including counseling, care coordination, school clearance assessments, and access to CarePlus’ full continuum of integrated care and social support services. Our district-selected clinicians create tailored learning environments, based on the need of the student and the school.
Program components include a combination of:
- Individual and family counseling
- School clearance assessments
- School Presence Model to address school avoidance
- Skill-building groups including social skills, conflict resolution, mindfulness, anger management, and stress management
- Substance abuse programs specifically for youth
- Direct linkage to licensed and accredited community-based programs through CarePlus
- Educational workshops for faculty and parents
- Direct in-class support for students and teachers
- Collaborations with the school personnel and outpatient resources
- Partnerships with child study teams as indicated by IEPs
- Community outreach to engage youth and families
- Case management and care coordination
- Parent support groups
- After school recreation and summer programs
- Transitional programs to assist students with school and grade level changes
If you are interested in one of our school based services or would like to discuss a way to get your school district involved please call Lorraine Gehrig Mullins: (201)-265-8200 x 5703.