CADC/LCADC Training Sessions
New Jersey CADC / LCADC Training Courses
(Currently Being Offered Online)
This year, the CADC classes are overseen by a different department at Care Plus NJ, which has implemented new rules and requirements. You can find the requirements listed below. Failure to meet the requirements may lead to being dismissed from the class and/or not receiving your certification.
CADC Rules, Requirements, and Updates
In order to receive your certificate, you must:
- Have Your Cameras on at All Times: If you need to step away for a moment, you are allowed to turn off your camera for up to 10 mins. You will receive TWO warnings during class, whether by private message or the instructor will call your name. Please be advised, if your camera is turned off for a long period of time without communication, you will be dismissed from class and added to next year’s class.
- Students are to be Stationary: We require your full attention during these classes. This is an online class and should be treated as if you were attending in person. You are not allowed to attend this class while you are driving at any moment. It is best to skip the class & retake it at another time. If it is determined that you are indeed attending the class in a vehicle and not stationed, you will be removed from class. Driving while being distracted can cause serious effects and lead to liability. There will be no exemptions.
- Each class will have its own UNIQUE Zoom link, which can be found at the end of the emails sent on Thursdays. If we have a 2-day class, I will send both links at the same time.
- Registration now has a cut-off date and time. Please make sure to register by Thursday at 11:59 pm, prior to midnight. Anyone registered after this time will automatically be added to NEXT YEAR’S class.
- Pre and post-tests must be handed in timely in order to receive the certificate.
CERTIFICATES: You will receive your certificate within 2-3 weeks AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE DOMAIN. (As a reminder, each domain has up to 9 classes). Example: If you signed up for C101, you must wait until C107 which is done in November. Once the Domain ends, the tests, attendance, and payments will be reviewed. Delays may occur if you have not submitted your tests/payments timely.
REFUNDS: WE ARE NO LONGER OFFERING REFUNDS. If you are unable to attend a class, whether single or multiple-day, you will be added to next year’s attendance list and get your certificate upon completion of the full domain. There are no exemptions.
Disclaimer: Care Plus NJ offers these classes on behalf of the Certification Board. If you have any questions regarding the exams, internship hours, and/or job postings, please refer to the Cert. Board on this website: https://certbd.org/
Register now for Virtual Live Courses to obtain your CADC/LCADC
In the state of New Jersey
NOTE: There are several courses that are now cumulative and require participants to attend all of the courses that are offered for the particular topic or you will not get credit for the course. These courses are now sold as grouped sessions, rather than individual sessions to meet these new requirements. For example, you can only register for C102 as a 2-day course.
Please review all information below before registering below
CarePlus NJ only provides the educational component for the CADC/LCADC. We cannot answer any career related questions, those inquiries are best directed to the Addiction Professionals Certification Board, Inc.
Be sure to include your official transcripts as well as course descriptions.
DO NOT send the form to CarePlus.
Bachelor’s, Associate’s Degree, or a High School Diploma.
Register for ALL 5 DOMAINS.
To register for the CarePlus Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification Training courses, just select the courses or domains you need below. Individual courses are $60 each. A full domain is offered at $50 per course for a total of $450 per domain. Payment is completed securely through PayPal.
No Refund Policy: Please note, we do not allow refunds. Credit can be applied to attend the same course next year or towards another course in the curriculum.
Additional CADC/LCADC Applications and Resources
C204: Addiction Focused Counseling
C205: Group Counseling
C206: Family Counseling
C301: Community Resources
C304: HIV & Resources
Domain III (all courses)
C401: Addiction Recovery
C402: Psychological Client Education
C403: Biochemical/Medical Client Education
C404: Sociocultural Client Education
C405: Addiction Recovery and Family Psychological Education
C406: Biochemical and Sociocultural Family Education
C407: Community and Professional Education
Domain IV (all courses)
C501: Ethical Standards
C502: Legal Aspects
C503: Cultural Competency
C504: Professional Growth
C505: Personal Growth
C506: Dimensions of Recovery
C508: Community Involvement
Domain V (all courses)
ALL Domains (entire course)