Health Care Services for the Mind and Body
CarePlus offers a wide array of programs and services to provide a holistic, comprehensive approach to aid in recovery from mental illness and substance abuse. If you or a loved one in the Northern New Jersey area need help, contact us for an appointment at 201-986-5000.
If this is a crisis situation, please call our 24/7 crisis line 201-262-HELP (4357).
Download Telehealth Manual:
Download Advanced Directive/WRAP
Upon your first appointment please download our Cosumer Handbook. This handbook contains important information regarding an overview of CarePlus services, as well as policies and procedures as they pertain to the services you are receiving at CarePlus. We encourage you to ask questions at any time during the course of your treatment with us. We appreciate the opportunity and confidence you have placed in us in providing you services and look forward to assisting you in reaching your treatment goals.
What to expect at your first appointment…
What takes place during your first appointment depends on the type of service you will receive. The length of your first appointment may also vary in length from 1-2 hours. Typically, during a first visit, a lot of general information is collected that will become part of your record. You should confirm what to bring when you make the appointment.
The following is usually requested:
- Your insurance or medical card and if applicable, established co-pay, as payment is due at the time services are rendered.
- Your primary care physician’s name, address, and telephone number.
- A complete list of all currently prescribed medications, prescriber’s name and phone, dosages, frequency, and the date you began taking the medication.
- A list of any prior mental health or substance abuse services you have received at Care Plus NJ or elsewhere.
- The name, address and phone number of someone to contact in case of emergency
- If this appointment is for a child, we will need proof of guardianship, copies of the most recent report card, IEP if there is one, most recent physical and blood work.
If you are under 18, you also will need:
- A parent or guardian with you for your first appointment.
- Parental or guardian consent for treatment.
- A parent or guardian with you for all psychiatric (doctor) appointments.
During your first appointment you may also be asked to complete several forms that include:
- Verification of billing information
- Consent to treatment form
- Information release form
After your first appointment please log into your Patient Portal.
No Shows, Cancellations & Late Arrivals
In the event, you do not attend your appointments, or you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged $25. If you arrive late for your appointment, it may be necessary to cancel and reschedule at a later time.