Addiction Recovery Services
Our continuum of Addiction Recovery Services offers a comprehensive range of services, including outpatient withdrawal management, Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), intensive outpatient and outpatient programs, as well as ongoing therapeutic and social support as needed.
A Continuum of Care: Wraparound Services
Our specialized programs provide seamless access to services designed to support wellness and recovery in all aspects of life. Upon evaluation, individuals and families are engaged in treatment planning to determine the most appropriate level of care, ranging from Early Intervention to Outpatient Withdrawal Management. Program support and follow-up care continues as needed.
Evaluation/Treatment Planning Services
- Comprehensive evaluations are performed under clinical supervision to determine a diagnosis and the most appropriate level of treatment.
- Person-centered treatment planning services are provided by a multidisciplinary team and supported through care coordination.
Psychiatric Evaluations/Medication Monitoring
- CarePlus NJ psychiatrists and prescribers that specialize in addiction recovery, as well as in working with children and adolescents, work with program staff as a collaborative team to make sure the best overall care is provided.
- Care is provided following individual evaluations.
Individual, Family & Group Therapy
- Individual Psychotherapy: Individual therapy sessions are offered in addition to group therapy, or as a stand-alone service. Individual therapy allows the clinician to develop a person-centered treatment plan and assist the individual in achieving their treatment and recovery goals.
- Family Therapy: This service allows for family to participate and become a part of the treatment plan and support system for the individual in recovery. Sessions are facilitated by a clinician.
- Multifamily Therapy Group: Sessions allow families to relate to one another, gain professional insight into the processes of addiction and recovery, and better understand the role of family support.
Early Intervention Program
- An eight-week program provides education on the dangers of underage drinking, prescription abuse and other drug use.
- The early intervention program is effective with youths who are beginning to experiment with alcohol and other drugs.
- The goal of the program is to provide education to assist in preventing the onset of more problematic addiction or dependent behaviors.
Medication Assisted Treatment
- This service for opioid treatment was established to provide seamless access to wraparound services that support wellness and recovery.
- The Withdrawal Management Program connects enrolled individuals with Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), regular medication monitoring, and therapeutic support through a multidisciplinary withdrawal management team complete with medical staff including board-certified American Society of Addiction Medicine physicians, psychiatrists and experienced nursing staff, as well as licensed clinicians providing therapeutic interventions.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- This program is designed to support people struggling with addiction and any co-occurring disorders who need to continue working during the day or for those who have other daytime obligations or responsibilities that would otherwise preclude them from attending inpatient treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Groups are offered four times per week.
- This level of care is all inclusive and offers the following:
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Care Coordination
- Medication Monitoring Services
Outpatient Program (OP)
- Consisting of group and individual therapies, the Outpatient Program utilizes a psychoeducational curriculum to educate and support healthy decision making, healthy coping, refusal skills, and relapse prevention.
- Outpatient Groups are offered two times per week. These may be combined with family and/or individual sessions:
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
Urine Drug Screen Tests
- Urine drug screen tests are randomly and regularly provided to clients as a means to assess any continuing use of substances.
Grant Funded Programs
Family Support Center
The Family Support Center (FSC) program recognizes the family as one of the most influential factors in the successful treatment of addiction. This support program utilizes Community Reinforcement Approach and Family Training (CRAFT) to provide families with tools, skills, and resources to effectively connect and communicate with their loved ones while also caring for themselves. For more information or to make a referral, call (201) 249-7616.
Support Team for Addiction Recovery
The Support Team for Addiction Recovery (STAR) program provides case management and peer recovery support to individuals coping with opioid use disorders in New Jersey. The program was developed to address the high rates of recidivism and relapse among individuals who cycle in and out of treatment for opioid use disorders. CarePlus offers this grant-funded program in Morris, Passaic and Warren counties. For more information or to make a referral, call (201) 494-6270.
Recovery & Individualized Support Expansion
The Recovery & Individualized Support Expansion (RISE) program is designed to remove barriers and address the gaps in services that hinder the recovery efforts of adolescents and young adults (ages 14-30). This is accomplished through the provision of targeted wraparound services that affect early recovery efforts. RISE provides specialized supportive services to help individuals identify and achieve personal goals in a supportive and personal-centered environment. For more information or to make a referral, call (201) 364-0600.
Heroin Addiction Recovery Team
The goals of the Heroin Addiction Recovery Team (HART) program are to alleviate the burden of low-level drug offense, decriminalize those individuals seeking support and provide linkage to the most appropriate level of care and treatment. This allows for a unique access point for assessment and referrals, while destigmatizing the disease of addiction. While this model is implemented through various partnerships, CarePlus NJ has collaborated with the Paramus Police Department by providing an on-site clinician every Wednesday from 9am-5pm, during which an individual seeking support can walk in to the police department and be connected to care.
New Jersey Reentry Corporation
CarePlus NJ’s partnership with New Jersey Reentry Corporation (NJRC) allows those reintegrating into the community from jail or prison to have immediate and direct linkage to the continuum of Addiction Recovery Services. This proactive approach addresses the increased risk for overdose upon release. This partnership for social justice improves access to addiction treatment services, and most importantly, removes major barriers to Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), which is the gold-standard for recovery from heroin addiction.
How to Reach Us
Telehealth, online therapy appointments and other remote services are available, and we also offer in-person appointments as needed. We participate in most major medical insurance plans, including Medicaid, and offer a sliding scale fee based on annual income and ability to pay. CarePlus NJ will never turn a patient away due to inability to pay.