“As we continue to strengthen our health care system to meet the medical demands of the COVID-19 pandemic, access to telehealth and tele-mental health services for New Jerseyans will be more important than ever before. These actions will ensure that our most vulnerable residents have flexible access to vital health care services from the comfort and safety of their homes.” – Governor Phil Murphy
In adhering to public health recommendations and safety precautions, our strategy has been to severely limit face-to-face interaction. This will largely be accomplished through increased utilization of telehealth and telephonic services. We have implemented the following action plan:
- On site operations are now Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm for our Paramus and Fair Lawn locations. We have an emergency management team in place to ensure core services continue such as but not limited to medication support, emergency services, 24/7 programs, residential services and outreach services.
- We have suspended our walk-in center, but maintain the capacity to engage new individuals or families seeking support through telehealth services. Support is available when you contact our admissions department.
- We have enabled a large majority of our employees to work remotely, continuing to provide their full scope of services through telehealth. The minority of our workforce are managing essential face-to-face interactions.
- Our crisis response teams continue to provide emergency services in the community, utilizing telehealth and telephonic services when possible.
- We have procured sufficient PPE for essential workers, including those who deploy from the hospital and into the community.
- Our clinicians who work in the schools are mobilizing to support students, teachers, and parents with an evidence-based, virtual approach for wellbeing and connection.
- Our Information Management and Information Technology teams are providing ongoing training and support for our telehealth solution to ensure safety and security.
We are closely monitoring and following the recommendations of the federal, state, and local governments. Our action plan will continue to develop based on these directives. We are optimistic about our virtual solutions, and our ability to continue to provide essential services and support to our community during these challenging times.
For follow up on your appointments, or if you have an urgent need, please call our Admissions line at 201-986-5000.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a mental health emergency or crisis, please call 201-262-HELP (4357).
All other inquiries can be sent via email to Marketing@CarePlusNJ.org.
CarePlus NJ, INC. is dedicated to excellence in mental healthcare and has a commitment to life-long support needed by individuals and their families to ensure that they achieve their full potential and improve the quality of their lives.