The CarePlus Foundation will hold its 19th Annual Courage Awards Gala on May 10, 2017 at the Venetian in Garfield, benefiting the clients and programs of CarePlus NJ. This year’s Courage Award recipients include law enforcement, legislative and celebrity guests.
The Gala celebrates those who tirelessly advocate on behalf of the mental health community. Proceeds fund educational scholarships, housing and medication assistance, substance abuse services, outpatient treatment and therapy for children and adults who are enrolled in CarePlus services, as well as advocacy and community education.
“The future of our community-based mental health system is at a critical point,” stated Joe Masciandaro, CEO/President at CarePlus. “We are working tirelessly as a community to lead, and establish the connections necessary to continue providing the most comprehensive care and effective services. The spectrum of honorees this year demonstrates this focus on community.”
This year’s honorees include:
- Carmen Carrera for her fearless leadership in LGBTQ advocacy
- Prosecutor Gurbir Grewal for taking action to #StopTheODs in Bergen County
- Assemblywoman Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D37) for her legislative motion to establish thorough oversight of the funding transition for the community mental health system
- Assemblywoman Holly Schepisi (R39) for her voice and support of the advocacy efforts regarding the funding transition for the community mental health system
- Police Officer Juan Guzman accepting on behalf of Port Authority Police Department for their role in suicide prevention on the George Washington Bridge and involvement with the Crisis Intervention Team.
“The Gala demonstrates how immersed CarePlus is in the community, and the celebratory success stories emphasize the power of the work we do,” Masciandaro continued. “People leave with an understanding of what the human spirit is capable of, and how we support that spirit with genuine care and compassion.”
Registration includes a cocktail hour, dinner, live and silent auctions, and a 50/50 raffle.Individual tickets are available at $175 each, with full tables of 10 offered for $1,500.
For more information contact the Foundation Office at 201-986-5070.